Mojo's Ceramic Candle vessels are proudly made by by our favourite Ceramicist Daisy Cooper Ceramics in Melbourne, Australia.
And guess what!? They are made to be REUSED or REFILLED!
Whether it's to get a refill from us at Mojo Candle Co to continue enjoying it's beautiful fragrance, or to reuse as a tea / coffee mug, vase, pen holder, succulent planter or for just for knick knacks, the options are endless! However you choose to reuse it, its going to do so beautifully!
Once they have been thoroughly washed after their last burn and the wick's metal base removed, these vessels are Food Safe, Dishwasher Safe and Microwave Safe, too!
So, in order to reuse them, they need to be cleaned first.
- We recommend the first clean as a handwash - all wax should be removed before washing in the dishwasher.
- We recommend using boiling water and a small amount of detergent directly into the vessel, not the kitchen sink, and washing the vessel out with a soft, non-abrasive cloth. Like with the dishwasher, please don't tip any waxy water down the sink as it may cause blockages in the pipes. Caution should be taken with the boiling water and consider using rubber gloves to protect your hands.
- The boiling water is needed to help lift and remove the two metal wick tabs in the base. If they don't lift themselves, they may need a tiny bit of help with the tip of a utensil (like a bread and butter knife / non-pointy knife so as not to scratch the vessel's base). Place the tip under one edge of the metal tab and lever upwards. It should now move easily.
- Remove the metal tabs and dispose of thoughtfully.
- Continue to wash the vessel.
- It is best to empty it outside (to avoid sink blockages) onto a hard surface rather than grass, where possible.
- This handwashing may need to be repeated if the inside still has a waxy feel, especially if it to be used as a drinking cup.
- Once it feels and smells clean, it can then be re-used!
- If you are re-using the vessel as a mug, you may wish to put it through a dishwasher cycle, now that the wax has been removed, to eliminate any remaining fragrance that may still be lingering.
If you loved your Ceramic Candle's fragrance and are considering getting your vessel refilled as a candle, check out our Ceramic Candle Refill Service.