How to Burn the Perfect Candle - Candle Burning Tips
- When burning your candle for the first time, ensure that the wax melts all the way to the edge of the glass container. This promotes an even burn for the entire life of the candle, and helps prevent tunnelling (leaving walls of wax against the glass as the wick burns down.
- Always burn your candle within sight.
- Don't burn your candle for longer than 4 hours at a time.
- Trim your wick to 2-5mm before each burn, removing any "mushroom heads". Trimmed wicks will encourage a cleaner, brighter burn.
- Keep the wax pool free of trimmings and debris. Using a Wick Trimmer definitely assists with this.
- Burn the candle away from draughts where possible.
- Maximise your scent throw by keeping doors and windows closed while burning.
- Extinguish your candle with a snuffer or by dipping the wick into the melted wax.
- Stop burning your Mojo candle once the wax falls below the half-inch mark (1.27cm). Burning with only a small amount of wax remaining can cause the base of the glass container to overheat.
- Always store in a cool, dry place.
Here are some safety precautions to keep in mind when burning your candle:
- Never leave a burning candle unattended.
- Do not attempt to extinguish a candle with water.
- Ensure your candle is extinguished, the soy wax is solid and the glass is cold before handling. You should never move a burning candle.
- The candle's glass container will become hot. Burn your candle on a flat and heat-resistant surface.
- Keep away from children, pets and flammable materials.
- Do not use the cork lid to extinguish candle.